Friday, September 19, 2008

Packing....

I spent yesterday washing all of the new clothes that I bought for the trip. I'm pretty proud of myself as I shopped the clearance sales and purchased almost $600 worth for only $168!! Yippee! More moola to spend on the trip. Now, that said...I hate to shop and have been wearing my son's cast off jeans and using my husband's cast off belt with a bazillion holes in it to hold up my pants. LOL! I lost enough weight this summer to be able to pull out my old skinnier shorts. YEA! But, that meant that I didn't have much, if anything, to take on the trip. I don't have a lot of business/casual clothes, because...face it...who needs to dress up on the farm? LOL!

So, after washing all of these, I put them in my new suitcase (yes...I had to purchase one of them as my last suitcase is over 30 yrs old...one of those carry type with no wheels). But, I scored a clearance deal on it, too! It was only $40 for a $129 suitcase. Woo hoo!! Anyway...I digress....I put all of my clothes in it and still have 1/2 a suitcase left. Some of those clothes will be in my carry-on, so, I think I'll have plenty of room to take my pillow with me. I'm not really a germaphobe, but the thought of sleeping on a pillow that "who knows who's" had their head on just grosses me out! Face it...I know I drool sometimes when I sleep...so, who knows who else has drooled on that pillow. YUK!! I bought the spacebag to put it in so that I can squish it good :)

Well, better go get busy! The laundry is waiting to go out on the line and then I need to finish up some projects around here before I leave....just in case....

No comments: