Sunday, January 25, 2009

Close To My Heart's My Acrylix Stamp Cleaner

Wow! I just had to post! Did you know that if you use your CTMH My Acrylix Stamp Cleaner on your Cricut mat it will remove all the fibers/gunk, etc., that causes it to lose it's stickiness? I've finally had a chance to really play with my Cricut, but the mat had gotten to the point where I was using blue painter's tape to hold my cardstock on it. So, knowing that I was done for the day I decided to see what I could use to clean it up and restore the stickiness. Well, since we use the stamp cleaner on our stamps and they stay sticky, I thought I'd give it a try. I spritzed (is that a word? LOL!)and rubbed it around and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Then I took one of those scrubby things (the kind were you get about 10 for $1 at the Dollar Store) and cut a piece off. I rubbed it on the mat and was surprised to see how many paper fibers accumulated on it. LOL!! I rinsed it off and laid it to dry. I just came back to check on it and it's all nice and sticky (and clean) again! So, if you have a mat that you thought was a lost cause, get some CTMH My Acrylix Stamp Cleaner and give it a try!

No comments: