Thursday, July 4, 2013

Create a Card

Happy Thursday!  I'm a day late posting the next Create a Card.  Let's just say it's been a busy week so far!  As some of you may know, I sew American Girl and Bitty Baby clothes and paint mailboxes for a shop in the city.  Tourist season is in full swing, and, let's face it, I spent more hours creating with paper than I did with fabric and paint.  So, I'm pushing it now.  But, I work better under pressure :)  At least that's what I tell myself.

Anyway, the weather in upstate NY has been abysmal with rain, rain and more rain.  I saw a joke on Facebook the other day that suits it to a T.  It said "It's only rained twice this summer.  Once for 45 days and once for 35 days".  That's about it!  Tuesday afternoon we had downpours like I've never seen.  They were worse than Hurricane Irene.  The ground is so terribly saturated with water that there was no place for this water to go but into the house. UGH!  We have a finished basement, but space all around the finishing with drains to get the water and channel it outside.  There was just too much and it started to come up over the drains.  Thankfully, after Hurricane Irene we found this handy dandy little sump pump that has a spot for hoses on both ends as a big sump pump won't fit in the narrow drains.  By the time we had the pump up and going, we already had some water in the basement.  So, I spent all evening with the wet/dry vac in one spot just sucking it up and used my rug shampooer  to get the rest that was seeping in.  I wasn't sure how long the sump pump could take the pressure, so I had to get up every hour to make sure everything was ok and suck more up with the shampooer.  Thankfully, things are drying out now. 

So, without further ado...LOL!  Here's this week's card.


Today's card was created using CTMH's D1543 Country Born.  The papers are from a retired kit called Stella.  Main colors are Tulip and Sunset.

Here are the instructions:


4 ¼” X 5 ½” Side Fold card base

4 ¼” x 5 ½” Sunset card stock
2 ¼” x 2 ¾” Sunset card stock
4” x 5 ¼” Stella Background and Texture Paper
1” x 4” Stella Background and Texture Paper
2” x 2 ½” Bamboo card stock

Stamp image and sentiment with Tulip ink. Attach to Sunset card stock
Attach Stella Background and Texture Paper to Sunset card stock.
Attach two 4” pieces of Stella Zip strip 1 ½” from bottom and 1 ¼” from top.  Attach Olive side of Stella Background and Texture Paper between the Zip Strips.
Attach matted image 1 ¼” from top and 1 ½” from bottom.
Wrap Baker’s Twine twice around card front and tie knot.

This card was created for my Stamp a Stack Club.   Each month in the Stamp a Stack Club, one creates 10 unique cards designed by me.  In your Stamp a Stack Club package, you receive a stamp set, and all the paper and embellishments to create these cards for only $27!  If you'd like to join the club, whether you are near or far, please email me and I'll get you set up.

Have a great 4th of July and stay cool!!

No comments: