Friday, November 16, 2012

My First Moebius!

What fun these are to create!  I had bought the yarn last year to make them for Christmas, but never got to getting started.  So, this year, after creating a bunch of the ruffle scarves that I posted a few weeks ago, I decided it was time to try the moebius out.  Of course, I didn't have the correct circular needle for them, so I had to order one online.  The one that I just finished required a #10 circular needle that was either 47" or 60" long.  Nothing like that in AC Moore or Walmart.  Those are the only placed to look here.  I found one at Red Heart.  Here's a link to the page they are on.  I may have to go back and order some other needle sizes as I find more patterns that I want to try.

I spoke with a former CTMH consultant last year, as she knits them.  She directed me to be looking for Cat Bordhi, as she pretty much invented this style of moebius.  She has a You Tube video showing how to cast on...the craziest cast on that I've seen.  LOL!  Good thing there's a video!

They can be worn around the neck, or if it's stormy, you can pull part of it over your head.  This one was created using Lion Brand Homespun yarn.  It doesn't take a full skein to make them.  After I finish all of moebius gifts, I'm going to see if I can get some type of a hat out of the rest of the yarn. 

The mobius is so easy to knit!  One of those items you can knit will you watch tv as there's no counting stitch patterns in this one.  You can find lots of patterns at Ravelry.  It's a free site made up of lots of knitters and chocheters. If you have questions, that's the place to ask.  And, there's a ton of free patterns, plus others that you can purchase.  Cat Bordhi has 5 or 6 pages of patterns!  So, if you're looking for a quick, easy project for holiday gifts, give the moebius a try! 


*********************************************************************************
It's Freebie Friday!  Win a Mystery Hostess shopping spree!  All month, when you place an order through the Mystery Hostess Party link on my website, you will earn chances to receive double the hostess rewards, plus somebody will also receive one of the Workshops on the Go kits.  So...here's the details:



  • Earn one entry for every $20 you spend via the Mystery Hostess Party Link.
  • The winning hostess will receive double the hostess rewards.  For instance, if the party total is $150, the winner will receive $50 in hostess rewards, rather than the usual $25.  If the party total is $250, the winner will receive $80 in free products, rather than the usual $40.
  • And, one winner will also be chosen to receive a FREE Workshop on the Go kit.
To take advantage of this Freebie, when you go to my website to place your order, on your check out page, there will be a Join button to join the Mystery Hostess Party with the November 30, 2012 closing date.  Simply click that link before entering your check out information.   If you have any questions, just shoot me an email.

1 comment:

Fleursbydesign said...

The moebius looks great :)