Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Magic Club

Good morning! I think it's still morning here :) I'm sorry that I have been neglecting my blog lately. I need to get back into the swing of it!!  I will!

First thing today, I need to brag a bit. :)   For Christmas this year, I got a Roku box for my husband...see...I can't watch tv with him as he can't stay on a channel more than one minute at a time.  Drives me nuts!  I tell him he must have the strongest index finger in the world from all that button pushing :)  Anyway, he usually watches tv in the kitchen, so I got a box for that tv.  I scored one!  It's so hard to find something for him for Christmas, as it is for me, as we usually just buy what we want when we want or need it.  So, now that he's got the Roku box and there must be 1000 old time western movies, he's no longer interested in having cable.  It seems like the cable channels play the same things over, and over, and over again!  Take "The Green Mile" for instance, it's been on just about every day/night for as long as I can remember.  LOL! 

He had an epiphany and thinks we should cancel our cable, with the exception of the basic package that gives us local channels.  Me...I'm not so sure!  LOL!  I watch a number of shows on the USA Network, some on TNT, A& E, AMC and Lifetime.  Now..what can I do to watch these programs, yet save us $100 a month?  We just got a brand new 42" tv and now all I'll have is local programming.  LOL! That said, probably 80% of my tv watching is on local channels...but, I'm going to miss my DVR!!  I looked online to see how to hook my computer to the new tv and found out I already had the cable.  YEA!  Hooked it up this morning and it's looking pretty good.  Only problem was, the sound was still coming from the computer instead of the tv.  Off to Google again!  I found a couple of options...after spending about an hour trying to change settings on the computer.  Then off to the basement to see what other cables/cords I have that might work.  Found one, hooked it into the computer and the tv and we are rocking it!  Now I just need to figure out how long these channels keep their current episodes online.  My only regret is I'll have to watch commercials again, rather than fast forwarding through them :)  Of course, if that's all I have to worry about, I'm a lucky gal!!  So, that's my brag for the day!  :)


Here's another of our December Magic Club layouts.  We used the CTMH Pear and Partridge paper packet.  Also used are Z1772 Holiday Dimensional Elements.


No comments: